What an Honour
Thursday, October 18, 2012 | Thursday, October 18, 2012 | 0 comments
Watching The Voice on TV, it is not the first time that I thought to myself, "wow, what an honour it is to sing with huge stars like Christina Aguilera on the same stage!" Indeed, what an honour to be able to meet or even have a relationship with any big stars, powerful CEOs of mega companies like Google and Apple, or famous noble people. What an honour it is! As I watched The Voice, with people's dreams dashed as they are eliminated, there goes their meeting and relationship with their celebrity coaches. My heart goes out in pity for the thousands of hopefuls chasing the American Dream.

Then today, in my little quiet corner, spending my usual devotional time with my Lord, I was struck once again. God said to me, "if it is such an honour to meet these famous people just once, or to have sung on the same stage with them or speak to them or interact with them... have you ever thought of Me?" My heart laughs. Indeed, I never thought about the God of the Universe, the God who molded me, who gave me breath. YAHWEH.

The ugliest irony is-- I could think "what an honour" to meet Man of dust, who most probably are too famous or powerful to bother about any relationship with you or me. But, I completely leave out "what an honour" to have the God of this Universe yearning to have this relationship with me, wanting to walk with me, doing ALL sorts of ways to simply grab my attention, even watching out on the horizons for my silhouette......

great big irony.

and God said, "I've missed you".