God said, "I am your very great reward"
Sunday, February 03, 2013 | Sunday, February 03, 2013 | 0 comments
Struck by His awesomeness again.Genesis 15:1
After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision:
“Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward.”
What struck me the most was God saying "I am.. your very great reward." This is such a profound yet simple statement that many Christians including me, struggle to comprehend and believe. We can say that we know that God is great, but to say that we believe it is an entirely different ball game. If we truly believe, it will be shown in our actions and our state of heart. We will experience peace and joy, because we in fact, have all we need because God is our "very great reward"!
How often I've fallen into the struggle and lie of believing that other things bring me satisfaction and happiness. It is so subtle I do not even notice it. But God was telling me to take that step of faith, and believe and claim it for myself that He is my very great reward. Sometimes I compare with others who seem more well off than I am in many ways, I compare and yearn to be like them. However, why do I need to compare, to yearn and to envy another life path when I already have God as my very great reward?




